Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A Fishing Weekend Recap

This year's annual fishing trip was one big par-tie. Both sides came along so it was big fun. I know I promised to shamelessly gloat about my huge catch...uh, maybe next year. =) haha. I think we had 18 people total. We stayed in this mansion to accommodate everyone. I felt like the "rich folks" who live on the big house on the lake. 
The view from the house
Grandma isn't really the fishing type. Here she is holding Grandpa's pole. =) Reminded me of me five years ago when I went on my first trip. Bless her for coming to be with everyone.
 Dad and our catch of the morning. Eh, their catch on the morning. I admittedly slept in the car a bit. :/
 Beautiful in the morning
  Fish #1 for this lucky guy. He maxed out by day's end.
 What type of fisher am I? This kind, the Kylie-type. The fake kind who don't touch worms, don't put on bait, don't get the hook out after a catch, and definitely don't clean the fish at the end of the day. Yup, all I really do is sometimes cast and reel in a bite. I'm embarrassed having to tell you that, but not so much so that I'd want to worm up a line the next time. Luke, Josh, and dad pretty much did everything for everyone. True fisherman.
This one has been fishing up at these lakes for many many seasons. More than I've been alive I'm sure. One day when Josh is this age he'll have the same amount of fishing seasons under him too. This type of love just runs in the blood. 
 
 I'm a family girl so family vacations are the best. It's worth the drive through Yosemite in the middle of the night, the 5am wake up time, the endless waiting for fish, mosquitos, the cold mornings and the hot afternoons. In return you get memorable times with family, laughs and laughs over big meals, hot curry and chili, fried catch of the day, and one super content husband. What more could a girl ask for?

No comments: