Monday, October 12, 2009

From There to Here

Last night Aimee and I got the chance to go to the Heavenly Treasures Fundraising Boat Trip! It was quite fancy schmancy and we had fun getting all dressed up. It was neat to see how God has been moving and blessing them. Towards the end of the evening, after dinner, dessert, Bryan Clay, and bidding, David Gaulton got up to sing a closing song as the boat began to dock back at the Long Beach Harbor. His song was talking about being the salt of the earth and the light of the world. Just at that moment I looked out the window and I saw the Yard House sign. I can't quite explain what happened to me but tears filled my eyes...four years ago I was working there and headed towards a life of plenty of money but no substance. And now, four years later here I am on a fundraising boat trip for a Christian nonprofit, about to graduate, serving the Lord through the church, and singing about being the salt of the earth and the light of the world. From there...to here. I can't believe it.

I thank God for plucking me from a life headed towards nothing and placing me in a life where everything is for the glory of the Lord. May I be a good steward of such grace.

(Left to right: Bryan Clay (Olympic Gold Medalist Decathalon) Aimee, Christina and Kiki (HT). This is Aimee winning the grand prize on the boat trip. :) Canada here we come!

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Praise God for neat moments like that...I bet He had that planned for years! ;)

Love ya.